Monday, 16 March 2015

Getting Better ...

... despite the best efforts of some! Quick recap: I got Panto Lurge big style which manifested itself whilst I was in Manchester.  Nearly three weeks later, consumed by cabin fever, my voice is back but my ear still isn't right.  I will find out my fate in the next few weeks.  In the mean time, I am so consumed with solitude that all the sensible as flown out of the window.  I will be stepping out this week virus in tow.

When you aren't well, especially when you can't speak, it is easier to get drawn into someones delusions and ridiculous ideas.  I managed that this week.  Fished in, on the hook, didn't take much reeling either.  I can't help it if I actually care.  There is no point when it isn't accepted. Just to be most certain, I have allowed myself to be played by someone who would be a whole heap less lonely and hated should they pull the plug out of their arse! Friendship works both ways and quite frankly it is weird to walk away knowing every bloody thing about a person with no attempt to reciprocate.  Whilst I was getting paid a small fortune I had no qualms about listening to bullshit, these days I pay to have someone listen.  Vain, insular, draining but fun - I am loyal and will always be that way with friends no matter how much they don't deserve it, I am the gift that just keeps giving (or the gift making a twat out of herself)

What? This should be on mouth almighty?? Yes quite possibly.  Actually I want to talk about this week.  Lots to do and it is karaoke. I have a few choices of evening which I am going to take advantage of, can't do much singing, but I have good friends who I can't wait to see again, it has been ages, Alex and I are sorting out our theatre trip and all is good.  If it isn't London or New York, lets face it, it is substandard.  Hence I do things right.  No corners being cut.  

Will I do panto again after being so ill? Yes.  As other people will, despite all their kicking and screaming about unoriginality and other such guff. This happens every year, bleating, moaning and whinging but they'll be back - if the part is big enough ... bloody hilarious!!

Happy Monday peeps ... I am off to back pedal with the CMHT!


No comments:

Post a Comment